SEND US YOUR SCRIPTS – APPLICATIONS CLOSE TUE 31 MAR, 5.00PM!
We are seeking new plays to be included in our Playlab Indie Collection.
Playlab Indie is a digital collection designed to promote new work that has debuted in the independent theatre sector and the artists that created them. For a limited time in March, playwrights all over Australia can send in their work to be considered for publication in this collection.
PLAYLAB’S PUBLISHING CRITERIA
We are looking for works that:
- have been produced in the Australian independent sector.
- demonstrate artistic quality and positive critical responses via published reviews and/or peer recommendation. A writer’s body of work and any awards received will also be considered.
Also, Playlab will consider:
- Legacy and Representation: including the cultural and/or historical value of the work; and the cultural diversity represented by the work and/or the writer.
PLEASE INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING IN YOUR APPLICATION
PLEASE PREPARE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
- A final draft of the work
- A cover letter that discusses the work and the creative process (200 – 300 words)
- A biography (150 – 250 words) and headshot
- First production details including cast, crew, location and acknowledgements to thank the people who made the play possible.
- Any additional material that you think will support your submission such as reviews, production promotional materials etc.
Please note: if the work you are submitting is an adaptation of an existing work, or includes any materials from existing, copyright protected work, the writer will need expressed written permission from the copyright holder before we are able to consider publishing the work.