Benjamin Schostakowski‘s A Tribute of Sorts is an artful, dark and funny celebration of theatre itself.
Synopsis: Ivan and Juniper Plank have put together a glitzy variety show. It’s a wacky journey that that will lead you through the demise of 26 infants. It’s a tribute … of sorts.
A Tribute of Sorts by Benjamin Schostakowski was first produced by Monsters Appear and La Boite Indie in 2012. It was awarded 4 Matilda Awards including: Best New Australian Work, Best Independent Production, Best Male Actor (Dash Kruck) and Best Female Actor (Emily Burton).
Please note that this is a digital product that cannot be copied or printed without a Photocopy Licence or by purchasing a Print-On-Demand Copy. Once purchased, a locked PDF copy of this product will be downloadable via a link supplied within an automatically dispatched confirmation email. If you have purchased a digital product and did not receive this email please contact us at email@example.com.
"Yes, congratulations are in order, because these kids were at the theatre instead of watching TV soaps, and they learned that it doesn’t always have to be well-made plays that can make our hearts soar with sheer joy"
— Daily Review
"Shows like this make your heart sing, as they take off into new and always expanding realms, exploring what theatre can do by building on old traditions."
— Daily Review, 2014
— The Courier Mail
"Halfway between Tim Burton's most twisted excess and Wes Anderson's most peculiar indulgence. A Tribute of Sorts is Schostakowski creating the violent, surreal world of his dreams and running wild in it."
— Australian Stage
"Flabbergastingly damaged and unstoppably hilarious"
— Australian Stage
"Schostakowski is not so much interested in aping theatrical traditions as using them to fashion something new. A Tribute of Sorts is a magic box spring-loaded with surprise and awkward humour"
— The Australian
"A new generation of creatives...giving us wonderful mind-expanding work to marvel at"
— A Little Gossip
"Unexpectedly endearing, wickedly funny, and pithily punchy in delivery, A Tribute of Sorts is a production that celebrates morbid humour, slick words, foxy timing and the art of theatre itself"
— Arts Review
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.