Anna Robi & the House of Dogs is a one-act play about the twisted relationship between a bed-bound, guilt-tripping mother and her captive daughter, Anna, in a house overrun by inbred dogs. It’s a play about Anna’s search for something pure amid pure filth. It’s a play about domestics, dogs, and sex.
First performed at the Old Fitzroy Theatre, Woolloomooloo by House of Dogs in association with Tamarama Rock Surfers, 16 November to 12 December. Anna Robi and the House of Dogs was then performed as part of Brisbane Festivals Under the Radar in 2011.
ISBN: 978 1 921390 13 5
Please note that this is a digital product that cannot be copied or printed without a Photocopy Licence or by purchasing a Print-On-Demand Copy. Once purchased, a locked PDF copy of this product will be downloadable via a link supplied within an automatically dispatched confirmation email. If you have purchased a digital product and did not receive this email please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For testing only – Education Notes content goes here
"For all of its over-the-top crudity and filth-encrusted sexual bravado, this really is a wonderfully bizarre gem."
— Reviews Culture and the Media, December 2006
"Maxine Mellor is an audacious talent with an apparently boundless imagination and will to explore the nooks and crannies of humanity."
— Stage Noise, December 2011
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.