It’s Joe’s birthday. He’s busy in the kitchen preparing a celebratory dinner, hoping to rekindle his relationship with his estranged wife, Meagan. The preparations for such an important night are complicated enough without the constant interruptions from the ghost of his cabaret-singing Mother. Emerging from the pantry in full showstopping glamour, she belts out advice concerning love, life and false teeth in between singing from her extensive repertoire of cabaret hits. Things could get messy once Meagan arrives but of course “the show must go on!”
Produced by La Boite Theatre Company at the Roundhouse Theatre in June, 2008 as part of their mainstage season.
"The complexities of this intricately choreographed battle of the wills … hit some riotously uncomfortable comic heights."
— The Australian
"....takes audiences into suburban homes, rips up the floorboards and reveals the bodies buried underneath."
— Australian Stage
"If you like a good cover song, a black comedy with Mother Dearest qualities and a twist of the internal world of Norman Bates, then go and be prepared for a good time."
— Time Off Magazine
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.