Combining monologue with blog, the spoken word with the social networking update, Duty Free explores the overseas adventures that fill some people’s ‘gap year’. The itinerary is not inclusive of a three act structure, a hero’s journey, or blinding and timely revelations where it all makes sense. Monologue-based, with interludes of music and movement, it’s a quiet, concentrated, intimate show that travels through identity formation in both lived and described experience. Off on a journey to find yourself? Bon Voyage. There you are.
Duty Free (Part 1) was first performed on Tuesday 9th November, 2010 In Studio L202, Kelvin Grove, Queensland University of Technology.
ISBN: 978 1 921390 91 3
This title is also avaliable as part of the hardcopy collection DESTINATIONS Three Large Cast Plays For Young People by David Megarrity. Click here for more information.
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.