Rovers by Katherine Lyall-Watson with Barbara Lowing and Roxanne McDonald is a contemporary comedy-drama and a nimble two-hander that has audiences laughing, crying and celebrating the grit and daring of women trailblazers. Woven from true stories and wild machinations, this rigorous and poetic work resonates with audiences of all ages.
If you’ve ever faced a seemingly insurmountable obstacle, had to keep a family secret or said yes to a crazy dare in a bar, then this funny, heart-warming and fast-paced ode to Australia and the tough women she breeds will be your cup of tea.
Intrepid performers Roxanne McDonald and Barbara Lowing get behind the wheel and navigate the audience into risky terrain, journeying through the heart line of their lives and into the hilarious misadventures of the women who made them who they are today.
Come on this epic adventure with two well-loved actors in the rough and tumble of multiple stories and characters.
FIRST PRODUCTION HISTORY
Rovers was first produced by Belloo Creative at the Northern Rivers Performing Arts Centre (NORPA), Lismore, with a subsequent tour to Maleny Arts Centre and Brisbane Festival in August and September, 2018.
ISBN: 978 1 922424 37 2
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab Theatre offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab Theatre.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.