The Good Girl
by Emilie Collyer
THEMES: Ambition, Sex, Human Interaction
CHARACTER AGES: Late 20’s/Early 30’s
LENGTH: 60 Minutes
SUITABLE FOR: Adult
CAST SIZE: 1 – 2 Cast Members
“Collyer’s witty two-hander merges black comedy with the absurd and the political, using sharp, well observed and funny…
(The first production ofThe Good Girl took place as part of Melbourne Fringe Festival in September 2013, in the Fringe Hub venue Upstairs at Errol’s, Errol Street, North Melbourne. The Good Girl won the Melbourne Fringe Best Emerging Writer Award 2013, supported by Writers Victoria in association with the Melbourne Theatre Company, and was also nominated for a Green Room Award in the category of Independent Theatre, Writing.)
She has one job: to care for an elite robot prostitute. He is the maintenance man who repairs it. Life for both of them has been simple and regulated. Until now. The Good Girl is a black comedy set in the future. It’s about sex and ambition and getting ahead. Whatever it takes.
ISBN: 978 1 921390 89 0
"Collyer’s witty two-hander merges black comedy with the absurd and the political, using sharp, well observed and funny dialogue."
— Herald Sun
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.