The Pride takes a long hard look at lions. Bruce is weighed down by his impressive mane and is struggling with the pressure of renovations and taking care of his pride. He knows time is limited, when James, his younger, stronger, more handsome neighbour, starts peering through the windows admiring his home and his family.
The drama of the jungle never seemed so close to home in this award-winning comedy that explores people’s readiness to forgive, even in the face of gross moral trespasses.
The Pride has enjoyed the highs and highs of successful seasons at Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Tamarama Rock Surfers (Sydney), Under the Radar (Brisbane), Perth Theatre Company and The Blue Room Theatre (Perth).
Side Pony Productions supports the productions of director Zoe Pepper. Under her leadership the company creates predominantly devised theatre; building fresh new performance through a well-trodden devising process. Side Pony strives to make innovative theatre that is an engaging, smart celebration of humanity. All Side Pony’s work is laced with a deep sense of irony and the use of comedy to create empathy is pivotal.
What drives the process is a love of story, a diligence to create enduring plot structures and a commitment to creating characters that reflect the many contradictions of the human condition especially the conflicting notion that good people do terrible things.
"It is a deeply poignant story, painful for the older generation, life-affirming for the younger that writer/director Zoe Pepper has gift wrapped in a smart satire full of wit, music, and dancing"
— Post Newspapers
"An eclectic combination of the Mighty Boosh, ‘The Lion King’ and something out of a marriage counseling session, Pride is a roaring success and a CAT-astrophically good piece of comedy and heartfelt performance."
— ED Fringe
"Surreal, whimsical and joyous. The Pride is all three…The whole is inventive and energetic and possibly the funniest show I’ve seen in ages."
— The West Australian
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.