Laurie Ross Trott‘s To Kill a Cassowary is a comedy about inheritance and legacy, ageism and ambition, and the importance of looking after relationships, including the one that people have with the land.
Retired bulldozer driver Amos Hardy is crook. He desperately wants to protect his precious rainforest block, his ‘atonement’, on the shores of Floriade Bay, gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, from developers. Leading the charge is his estranged daughter Paula. She cannot see the natural value and beauty of the place for the potential dollar signs reflecting off the glistening waters of the Coral Sea. She wants to clear the land and build a high-end gambling tourist resort. But first she has to get it. Over Amos’ dead body!
To Kill A Cassowary was first produced by JUTE Theatre Company at Bulmba-ja Arts Centre, Cairns, on Friday, March 13, 2020.
ISBN: 978 1922424 36 5
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab Theatre offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab Theatre.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.