Monologues are a rite of passage. A test of an actor’s metal. A tool to sharpen one’s teeth with. A challenge. The Female Monologue Collection features 20 monologues gleaned from Playlab’s extensive catalogue of Australian plays, including monologues from:
Anna Robi and the House of Dogs (Anna) by Maxine Mellor
Beyond the Neck (Visitor) by Tom Holloway
Blurred (Freda) by Stephen Davis
Colder (Robyn – Age 33) by Lachlan Philpott
Colder (Robyn – Age 59) by Lachlan Philpott
Constance Drinkwater and the Final Days of Somerset (Constance) by Stephen Carleton
The Danger Age (Albert) by Kate Mulvany
Fractions (Hypatia) by Marcel Dorney
The Ghost Writer (Brihanna) by Ross Mueller
Keep Everything You Love (Emma) by David Brown
Last Drinks (Maybellene) by Shaun Charles
Magda’s Fascination with Wax Cats (Magda) by Maxine Mellor
Post Office Rose (Louie) by Linda Hassall
The Seven Stages of Grieving (Woman) by Wesley Enoch and Deborah Mailman
Surviving Jonah Salt (Patricia) by Kathryn Ash, Stephen Carleton, Gail Evans and Anne Harris
Surviving Jonah Salt (Trish) by Kathryn Ash, Stephen Carleton, Gail Evans and Anne Harris
Urban Dingoes (Margret Mary) by Norman Price
Urban Dingoes (Anne) by Norman Price
Walking by Apple Tree Creek (Del) by Ian Brown
The Year Nick McGowan Came to Stay (Rachael) by Sean Mee
ISBN 978 1 921390 15 9
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.