As society attempts to keep up with the rapidly changing and thrilling new world of social media and viral videos, how do we define our social responsibilities?
Viral is a story about Art and Zane, two boys who seek to attain internet ‘fame’ in order to become more popular at school and to make some money. It examines the role of social media and technology and how it impacts the way we record, communicate and think about events of racism, abuse and violence in our community. It investigates the line between disassociation and raising awareness about such events, asking the question “is it better to record these activities and post it on the internet or step in and stop it from occurring in the first place”?
Inspired by true events that happened in our very own communities Viral uses physical theatre, multiple role-sharing, verbatim, political theatre and live music fuelled with intensity to create visceral and dynamic Theatre for Young People. Viral is an example of Shock Therapy Productions’ signature style of doing as much as possible with as little as possible.
The Secondary Schools touring production of Viral was first performed by Shock Therapy Productions on 18th July, 2016 at Good Shepherd Lutheran College in Noosaville, Queensland.
The mainstage production of Viral was first performed on the 1st of September, 2016 by Shock Therapy Productions at The Art Centre Gold Coast in The Space.
ISBN: 978 1 925338 53 9
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.