Zen Zen Zo Physical Theatre present a visually, physically and aurally stunning adaption of Shakespeare’s last play, The Tempest. Directed by Zen Zen Zo Artistic Director Lynne Bradley, this poetic and provocative retelling of Shakespeare’s classic features live music and a cast of 10 actors, dancers and singers.
“With The Tempest, Zen Zen Zo has absolutely nailed it, applying layer upon layer, of contemporary interpretation while retaining Shakespeare’s verse … but what makes The Tempest really work is Lynne Bradley’s direction. Everything is just so well thought-out. The contribution of six original songs from Emma Dean sits comfortably with the romantic contuming and staging, which fits beautifully with the tone of the text, whose lyrical nature is partnered with a striking physical interpretation. Melding these elements togeather and retaining a tone that is identifiably Shakespearean is a testament to dual objectives – fidelity to the text, and innovations of new work – that are fantastically realised.” Mandy Kohler (Time Off)
This adaptation of The Tempest was first produced by Zen Zen Zo at the Concert Hall, Old Museum Building, Bowen Hills opening on Saturday 27th June, 2009.
ISBN: 978 1 921390 80 7
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.