Sue Rider‘s My Story Your Story is a play which promotes the idea that, whether from a remote Indigenous community to the bright lights of the city, everybody’s story is worth telling.
From a remote Indigenous community to the bright lights of the city, Jesse discovers that everybody’s story is worth telling.
Jesse’s family have always loved singing, dancing and telling stories. When talent scouts visit the remote Indigenous community where they live and pick out Jesse from the rest, it looks like the opportunity of a lifetime. But being billeted with a city family is not what Jesse expected. It is only when Jesse meets Sam that they both learn that everyone’s story is important.
My Story, Your Story was developed with students from Brisbane’s Aboriginal Centre for the Performing Arts (ACPA) for Artslink Queensland as a touring production for primary school students. It was first performed on 16 July 2013 at Saints Peter and Paul’s School, Bulimba, Queensland, Australia.
ISBN: 978 1 921390 47 0
Please note that this is a digital product that cannot be copied or printed without a Photocopy License or by purchasing a Print-On-Demand Copy. Once purchased, a locked PDF copy of this product will be downloadable via a link supplied within an automatically dispatched confirmation email. If you have purchased a digital product and did not receive this email please contact us at email@example.com
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.