Alongside the three plays, social artist, Margi Brown Ashshares her devising processes and provides key learnings for readers to reflect on and explore their own personal and cultural mythology, collaborative practice and map of home and belonging.
SYNOPSIS: HOME — Using humorous stories of survival in the ‘burbs’ as self-indulgent daughter, non-corporate wife, stressed out mother, ambitious actor who can, in Brisbane, only imagine playing the roles of her dreams and therapist who wants to save the world, HOME moves backwards and forwards through time, travelling from Australia to Egypt and to the USA, and returning again and again to Brisbane the town we love to hate, and hate to leave.
EVE — Eve is the fictional story of a writer caught somewhere between the domestic and the artistic; a story of a reluctant mother and passionate artist; a story for anyone who’s ever felt as if they never belonged. Inspired by Australian writer Eve Langley, Eve is part memoir, part fiction, part homage to the sacrifice of the artist.
HE DREAMED A TRAIN — The compelling, heart-warming and beautiful story of a sister and her brother as they face his premature death.
Returning to the family home, childhood memories and the human depths of love and loss are explored through words full of wisdom and big picture thinking.
ISBN: 978 1 92533892 8
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.