Karen Lee Roberts‘ Wilbur the Optical Whale unpacks big ideas around friendship, bullying, and the strengths of being different, sparking the imagination of the young and young-at-heart.
*Auslan interpretations are provided alongside the script for hearing impaired viewers.
Wilbur and Cecil feel like the odd fishes out in their home under the sea. It doesn’t help that the Starfish Meanies are always out to try and hurt their feelings. Over games of Hide and Seaweed and Foam Ball, the audience helps Wilbur and Cecil stand up to their bullies, and even become friends in the end! All it takes is being brave, and taking a stand to be the bigger fish!
Wilbur the Optical Whale was first produced by indelabilityarts premiering at the Adelaide Fringe Festival on the 26th February 2020 at the Big Slapple, Blue Note Club, Adelaide Convention Centre, South Australia.
ISBN: 978192242403 7
*Please note that this digital publication is not available as part of the library subscription.
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab Theatre offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab Theatre.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.