Two brothers, Michael and Adam, are in a hotel bathroom an hour before Michael is due to play at a piano recital. Michael is late. Adam keeps vomiting. When the details of Adam’s illness become clear, both men have to make huge and difficult decisions.
We come to understand that Adam has received a life-saving organ donation from Michael in the past, however, this organ is now failing. Michael, torn between his desire to play music and his responsibility to care for his brother, is forced to come to grips with the possibility of Adam’s death. While Adam tries to convince Michael that this might not be the worst possible outcome.
An exploration of the dynamic of brotherhood, Blood Pressure is a two-hander about guilt, choice and the effects of chronic illness.
ISBN: 978 1 925338 12 6
Please note that this is a digital product that cannot be copied or printed without a Photocopy License or by purchasing a Print-On-Demand Copy. Once purchased, a locked PDF copy of this product will be downloadable via a link supplied within an automatically dispatched confirmation email. If you have purchased a digital product and did not receive this email please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Rogers has achieved more than the merely moving, he's drilled down and hit a nerve that will twitch in everyone that has a brother, a family, a past, regrets, hurts."
— Lloyd Bradford, Australian Stage
"Mark Rogers’s two-hander plumbs fraternal angst quite effectively and its examination of the emotionally fraught act of sharing and sacrifice."
— Eight Nights a Week, 2012
"An excellent domestic drama that incorporates some fascinating bioethical questions, from euthanasia to the legal status of dismembered body parts (it's finders keepers, in case you were wondering)."
— Jessica Keath, Concrete Playground, 2012
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.