Katy Warner‘s Dropped is a darkly comic two-hander in which military traditions blend with broken hearts and just a hint of Beckett…
Set in a room that is filling with snow, two women soldiers sift through the debris to find a sense of themselves amongst the memories and lies, pop-culture references and stereotypes. They have been told to protect the base but it’s been so quiet for so long and the vodka has run out, the radio is broken and the baby won’t stop crying.
Dropped was first performed as part of the Melbourne Fringe Festival, Fringe Hub, 2013.
ISBN: 978 1 921390 88 3
"Dropped provides a theatre experience that is not to be missed ... satisfying entertainment for theatre-goers who are up for the unusual and thought provoking."
— Arts Hub
" … Dropped is a very strong piece of theatre. Katy Warner’s script is brutal and moving in turns … If you like Beckett riffs and occasional screaming, along with smart writing and gripping, even sickening tension, then Dropped will provide."
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.