HOME moves backward and forwards through time, traveling from Australia to Egypt and to the USA, and returning again and again to Brisbane the town we love to hate, and hate to leave.
Using humorous stories of survival in the ‘burbs’ as self-indulgent daughter, non-corporate wife, stressed out mother, ambitious actor who can, in Brisbane, only imagine playing the roles of her dreams and therapist who wants to save the world, HOME moves backwards and forwards through time, travelling from Australia to Egypt and to the USA, and returning again and again to Brisbane the town we love to hate, and hate to leave.
"This amazing piece is a superb piece of theatre — it’s a long time since I’ve actually been moved to tears by a performance — and it’s a must-see for anyone who thinks that live theatre has out-lived its usefulness, or who is interested in the power of story."
— Crikey, 2012
"The production’s unique triumph, however, is in its tone. This is an incredibly friendly show. The audience is invited on stage to participate in the drama, playing various people from Margi’s life. As an audience, we are constantly being drawn in and comforted. Without ever being melodramatic or didactic, Ms. Brown Ash opens herself up with extreme honesty to share some wonderfully intimate memories. The lasting effect is that of having visited an old friend."
— Actors Greenroom, 2012
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.