Four blokes, four beers, one hour and one actor. This honest and darkly funny tale introduces you to four mates who meet at the same bar at the same time every year. But this year, it’s different…
A dark and dangerous secret brings these blokes together in an unbreakable bond of mateship and solidarity. On the eve of their annual get-together, the truth is in danger of being let out. As his mates rally around our main character, George, in an effort to protect him from whatever consequences may come, he takes this final moment of safety to reveal all to the audience before their lives are changed forever.
ISBN: 978 1 925338 42 3
"Shane Pike as both actor and writer excels. This is a fast-paced engrossing and highly relevant tale, in which humour, revulsion, anger and empathy are dealt in equal measure. Shane Pike never loses momentum as he pauses, reflects, jokes and teases and ultimately leaves us questioning good, evil, innocence and justice ... This is real, genuine, gritty, personal and intimate ... This is story-telling at its best."
— Brenna Lee-Cooney, The Westender
"In a brilliant one-man performance, writer and actor Shane Pike plays George, an ordinary Aussie bloke ... the highest accolades must go to Pike: his script is hilarious and poetic in turn, and his performance is endearing, touching and affecting."
— Imogen Riethmuller, Official Anywhere Theatre Festival Review
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.