Hannah is 32, single and slightly overweight. Hannah has eczema and lives alone with a cat named Cupid. Hannah reads the love messages in the computer magazine religiously, hoping one day, one day, there will be one just for her.
But when Hannah goes missing while waiting for a mystery man at a Sydney train station, her friends and family are left to question whether their actions played a part.
Meanwhile, the investigating detective is discovering just how easy it is to disappear when no one is looking for you.
Girl in Tan Boots is a delicate and funny play about love, loneliness and the struggle to stay visible in a big, busy city.
Girl in Tan Boots was first performed at SBW Stables, Griffin Theatre Company, Darlinghurst on March 27, 2013.
ISBN: 978 1 925338 03 4
"Griffin Theatre's latest production, Girl In Tan Boots, could be a clichéd crime story but comes out as a hilarious yet poignant look at loneliness in Sydney."
— Time Out, Julian Ramundi , 2013
"Girl in Tan Boots is a delicate and funny play about love, loneliness and the struggle to stay visible in a big, busy city."
— Griffin Theatre
"Is this play a satiric comedy about a certain Generation-Y sense of entitlement and their lack of acceptance to the consequences of their actions? Is this a moving melodrama concerning the experience of the survivors around the loss of family members? Is this play, a piece of sleight-of-hand magic realism (there are magic tricks subtly integrated into the action: Bruce Glen, Magic Consultant) with metaphysical overtones? It could be all of this. It could be."
— KJ Theatre Diary
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to email@example.com or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (07) 3220 2763.