Both homage to and dark departure from the traditional Agatha Christie murder mystery, this antipodean re-imagining of the classic tale of death at a country house turns the crime genre upside down in more ways than one.
The play boasts a cast of intriguing characters, all bought to life by a single performer, and all bound together in a cunning and unexpected narrative that will keep you guessing to the very end.
Murder at Warrabah House was first performed at Studio 246, Brunswick premiering on March 3, 2011. Other productions includes Edinburgh Fringe Festival 2011, La Mama 2012, Upper Yarra Valley Arts Centre 2013.
ISBN: 978 1 925338 09 6
"The writing is tight and sophisticated: well-informed characters neatly framed by the absorbing narrative voice of savvy Hattie."
— Roe Lane, Fringe Review
"Both homage to and dark departure from the traditional Agatha Christie murder mystery, this antipodean re-imagining of the classic tale of death at a country house turns the crime genre upside down in more ways than one. The play boasts a cast of intriguing characters, all brought to life by phenomenally talented Samantha Hill, and all bound together in a cunning and unexpected narrative that will keep you guessing to the very end."
— SNAFU Theatre
"When a mysterious death sparks Arthur’s detective instincts, a series of increasingly dark events force Hattie to confront some deeply conflicting emotions about the nature of familial bonds."
— Arts Hub
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.