In the best tradition of noir thrillers that keep you on the edge of your seat, Tom Gardiner’s play The Salt Remains is a study in twists and turns that will keep the audience guessing. Gardiner has written two formidable characters and trapped them in a deadbeat pub, that we can all relate to, in a small rural town at the end of the line.
Olivia is an enigma who only just exists, working a job she hates. David is a middle-aged tourist passing through. When he arrives at the door, David is seeking refuge, from what is not clear.
What tortured complexities drag the smell of salty mist from their haunting pasts to the present?
A story of thwarted redemption, the crossing of their paths is an inconvenient intrusion. But like rivers, some paths should never be crossed because there is no turning back.
This is intelligent, original theatre in the style of Hitchcock but with its own unique flavour. The Salt Remains will keep you enthralled, guessing again and again as this thought-provoking tale unfolds.
A quintessential Queensland fable not to be missed.
The Salt Remains was first produced by JUTE Theatre Company premiering at JUTE Theatre, Centre of Contemporary Arts Cairns, premiering June 17, 2016.
ISBN: 978 1 925338 55 3
"This is a play that will appeal not just to devoted theatre goers but to anyone who enjoys a good yarn with surprising twists and turns"
— Glyn Davies, ArtsHub
Print-On-Demand (POD) is a service Playlab offers to help cater to customers who prefers/needs to have a physical printout of a digital script. We can also provide the hardcopies to suit a variety of situations that includes rehearsals, studies and/or libraries to have on their shelves.
Please note that:
- POD Copies are charged at a flat rate of $9.00 each in addition to the digital price of the text (Not including sale prices).
- A POD copy is a thermal fastback binding copy as depicted in the pictures below, it is not the same as a standard hardcopy script offered by Playlab.
A Photocopy Licence is required to make copies of any purchased digital play script. Should you wish to make additional copies for a cast to rehearse or a class to study, you will need to purchase the necessary licence by:
- Adding the Photocopy Licence to your shopping cart when you purchase a digital script. OR
- Downloading the ‘Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form’ below and returning it to Playlab digitally to firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to PO Box 3701 South Brisbane B.C, 4101.
Photocopy Licence and POD Order Form
- Photocopy Licences are not available for hardcopy scripts.
- Educational institutions covered by a Copyright Agency Limited (CAL) licence should take note that their CAL licence only allows them to copy a maximum of one chapter or 10% of a script whether it is in digital or hardcopy format.
- A Photocopy Licence does not include the right to on-sell copies of the script printed under the licence.
- Playwrights receive royalties from the sale of licences.
Let Playlab help you obtain the performance rights for your production. Simply click on ‘Performance Rights Enquiry Form’ below and we will get you on track to having your production off the page and onto stage.
Performance Rights Enquiry Form
Any performance or public reading of any text published by Playlab is forbidden unless a licence has been received from the author or the author’s agent. The purchase of a Playlab publication in no way gives the purchaser the right to perform the play in public, whether by means of a staged production or as a reading. Please direct all inquiries concerning performance rights, publication, translation or recording rights to email@example.com or call us on (07) 3220 2763.